|The deadline for complying with the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Chemical Data Reporting (CDR) rule is October 31, 2016.
Under EPA interpretation of the CDR regulations, manufacturers who send byproducts, such as wastewater treatment sludge, spent etchant or spent baths, for recycling may be required to report under the CDR because EPA views the byproduct stream as a new chemical because it is a feedstock to the recycling process. The applicability of the CDR reporting requirements depends on a number of factors including the amounts of specific chemicals in the byproduct.
For example, any printed circuit board manufacturer using ammonium chloride etchant in excess of approximately 784 gallons/year during 2102, 2013, 2014, or 2015 and sending the spent etchant for recycling is likely to exceed the 2,500 lb. reporting threshold for copper tetraammine chloride.
Recently, IPC achieved a long-sought goal with the inclusion of a requirement for EPA to reexamine this rule passage as part of the of The Frank R. Lautenberg Chemical Safety for the 21st Century Act amending TSCA, however this does not change the need to report this year.
CategoriesAssembly Automotive Electronics Boards Certification Committees Compliance Conflict Minerals Design Economy electronics Environment, Health and Safety Executive Management Government Relations IPC Lead Free Legislation Manufacturing Market Research Materials Membership OEM President's Message printed electronics Regulations Standards Suppliers Technical Trade Show Training Uncategorized
- RT @KyzenCorp: Fantastic group attending @KyzenCorp presentation @SMTAorg @IPCassociation #cleaningcoating #CCC ipc.org/calendar/2016/… htt… 1 day ago
- RT @Inventec_BUEL: Today is @LeighGesick's Defluxing PCBAs conference @IPCassociation @SMTAorg Cleaning & Coating tech conferences https:/… 1 day ago
- RT @SMSElectronics: World #PCB Production 2015 est. $58.6Bn @IPCassociation : ipc.org/ContentPage.as… #electronics #flexiblecircuit #inter… 1 day ago
- RT @ManUKHour: B/E Aerospace bought in $8.3bn share deal shr.gs/8gbXkDh #ManufacturingUK 2 days ago
- Only 1 week left to register! PCB focused Technical Education with IPC #IPCTechED owl.li/edY1305wiFK 2 days ago